Many people feel like they need to work out and lose weight before joining a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class, but what they don’t understand that it’s better to just jump in. Here is why:
- You use different muscles in Jiu Jitsu than most common cardio training routines. Therefor its better to start training and train all your muscles.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is an intense sport and is even better than swimming!
- You will shed weight quickly and have fun at the same time.
- Most of my overweight students lose 20-30 pounds in the first month with daily training.
- You will gain speed, conditioning, and strength.
- By doing something fun and challenging you don’t even think about the weight. Your attention is focused on learning and growing in technique. The weight will come off by itself.
That’s why I recommend to just jump right in. The hardest part of starting to lose weight is the fear of no motivation. Wait till you start class and see how much you enjoy Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. You are going to want to come ready no matter how tired you are because the sport is fun and will keep you motivated.